We are in the process of finalizing renovations for a private innovation lab. We have about 12,000 sq/ft open space that will be divided into a "dusty" side and a "clean" side, and I need to make a decision and purchase a system for shop air and I know you guys have been around the block with this type of stuff and would appreciate your expertise to help guide me.
* We need to design the space for the unknown / flexibility / spaces shifting around as we grow and learn
* Our needs are somewhat unknown
* We don't know what this air system should power vs not
* We don't know all of the equipment we are purchasing yet and their air requirements if there are any....
* We don't know all the equipment we will buy in the future
How might we get the proper shop air system to meet our needs, both today and tomorrow?
Be able to have shop air available to us from pretty much any where in the shop (flexibility) and supply each of our areas / machines with the appropriate air to meet all needs
Leverage what we can if possible and if it makes sense
* 7 axis robotic arm
* laser cutter
* cnc machine
* DA sanders
* blow guns
* 1/2" impact wrench
* Misc pneumatic tools
* What brands are the best?
* What size receiver tank would you recommend?
* Do we need extra filters?
* How can we leverage our existing air compressor?
* Does it make sense to have an external dryer for expandability later?
* What should the architecture of the system be?