Here at MakerHQ we do a hand-ground, pour over coffee setup using a house made laser cut pour over stand. In the case you don't know how to do pour over coffee, we've got you covered here with this guide:
Step 1: Locate The Supplies!
- We currently keep the coffee supplies in a plastic project box on the shelf labeled COFFEEEEEEEE and the stand and pour over brewer can be found next to it.
- Make sure the supplies in the photo above are accounted for!
Step 2: Grind the Beans
- Measure out just a little more than 3 tbsp of unground beans.
- Pour beans into top reservoir of grinder
- Grind beans with hand crank until you no longer hear the beans being ground.
Step 3: Fold Filter and Prepare for Brewing
- For optimum experience, fold over one side of the filter to create a better conical shape.
- Insert filter into brewing cone
- Add ground coffee beans into filter
- Insert mug under pour over station so that it is directly under brewing cone
Step 4: Pour Hot Water over Beans
- Fetch boiling hot water from water dispenser
- Gently pour water over beans, making sure not to overflow
- Wet all of the coffee and let drain into the mug
- Repeat process until mug is full of coffee and brewing cone has drained fully
Step 5: Clean Up
- Make sure to throw away the used coffee filter
- Put beans, filters, grinder, and measuring cup back into the coffee box
- Clean up any spills or coffee grounds
Step 6: Enjoy your Coffee
- You now have the caffeinated beverage you need to conquer the day (or the night)!